Training in Building Science and Its Applications
Looking to learn new skills to use in the construction, HVAC, home inspection, or home improvement industries? Want to learn how to help people live in more comfortable, healthful, durable, and efficient homes? Seeking advanced training as a home energy auditor or rater?
If so, take a look at our upcoming classes:
We also have an online-only version of the combustion safety training for certified home energy raters. Get the details and sign up by going to our RESNET CAZ Online Training for HERS Raters page. This one is only for raters currently certified as BPI Buildng Analysts.
Below is a sample video from the online class:
We have another online course as well. Dr. Bailes teaches a 7 week online course called Mastering Building Science. The course is offered through the Heatspring Learning Institute in partnership with Green Building Advisor and is aimed at those who have some basic knowledge of building science and are ready to take the next step.
Why should you train with Energy Vanguard?
Here are some great reasons to rely on Energy Vanguard for the green jobs training you need:
- You'll be involved in your learning.
- You won't be lectured to and then expected to remember a gazillion facts.
- You'll get a tailor-made learning program designed to help you succeed.
- Decades of real teaching experience in secondary & college level education
- Hundreds of Home Energy Rater & Field Inspector students taught
- A PhD in Physics (Allison) and an engineering degree from Georgia Tech (Jeffrey)
- LEED Accredited Professionals
We do offer customized training courses both in the US and abroad. Some of the organizations that have hired us are:
- Clearsphere (Toronto, Ontario) - HERS rater training
- South Mississippi Electric Power Association (Hattiesburg, MS) - BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Professional
- Touchstone Energy Cooperative (Kentucky) - Building science topics for continuing education
If your organization would like to hire us to deliver top notch training in building science, energy auditing, home energy ratings, or similar subject matter, please contact us.