Version 3 of the ENERGY STAR New Homes Program contains some big changes. If you're a home energy rater, HERS provider, builder, or trade contractor (especially HVAC and insulation) who works on ENERGY STAR homes, you need to be aware of what's coming:
- Lower HERS Index
- 4 checklists instead of 1
- Grade I insulation installation
- Mechanical ventilation
2011 is a transition year as Version 2.5 implements some but not all of the changes.
Read Our White Paper
Fill out the form at right, and you can download our 16 page white paper on ENERGY STAR Version 3. Here are some of the topics we cover:
- What's New in Version 3?
- Version 2.5 - The Transition to Version 3
- Calculating the HERS Index Target
- The Hardest Parts
- Advice for Stakeholders
We'll be offering two different classes on Version 3 to get everyone ready to meet the new requirements, which kick in (partially) starting on 1 January 2011:
- Half-day class for builders & contractors
- Two-day class for HERS raters & providers
As you'll read in the white paper, training is required for raters, providers, builders, and HVAC contractors.