Energy Vanguard Hosts First Annual Raterpalooza!
On Saturday, 7 November 2009, thirteen home energy raters who use Energy Vanguard Energy Ratings as their HERS provider came to Atlanta for the first EVER Raterpalooza! Energy Vanguard's president presided over the day of learning, networking, and fun.
Attendees of the 2009 Raterpalooza in Atlanta, Georgia
Among the activities of Raterpalooza were:
- Discussion of technical topics for raters, such as REM/Rate, the ENERGY STAR thermal bypass checklist, and pressure testing tips and techniques
- Business advice for raters on insurance, pricing, and marketing
- Special guest speaker Geoff Ferland of EcoLend in Asheville, NC discussed Energy Efficient Mortgages
In addition, several raters received awards:
- Jason Payne of Structured Energies, Most EIM ratings
- Tom Pelletier of Pelle Development, Quickest to Get Certified
- Eric Griffin of Dynamic Energy Consulting & Auditing, First Certified Rating
- John Boudreaux of GHIS, Quickest to Finish the Dreaded PR1 (probationary rating #1, from plans)
- Jeff DeSart of Energy Smart Homes, Longest Probationary Field Test
To top it all off, the raters also got a juggling lesson from Allison Bailes, and several who had never juggled before learned to juggle in a short time!