Collect and provide the following data for Energy Vanguard to perform an acurate Manual J HVAC load calculation.
- Plan Set or floor plan
(sample hand drawn floor plans)
- Energy Vanguard Renovation data collection form (3 pages)
- Pictures - list of pictures to take included in the data collection form
Every house is different, but generally speaking some items have a greater impact on the accuracy of the load calcualtion. Information you will need to collect in order of relative importance.
- Windows, glass doors and skylights sizes and glazing information
- Fixed shading for windows, glass doors and skylights
- Duct location
- Insulated ceilings
- Infiltration rate or estimated rate
- Ventilation equipment and rate
- Insulated floors
- Insulated walls
- Internal gains
There will be items you don't know, like wall insulation levels in a renovation or window values for a new house, in the design phase. These items can be estimated at the appropropriate levels for the year and building codes and if needed, bracketed with a better/worse scenario.
Energy Vanguard can help you with a complete HVAC design. Fill in the form above right to find out more.